Saturday 13 January 2007

Political Poems

WHEN AMERICA TALKS TOUGH

When America talks tough
Gaddafi rattles his sabres
Arabs and Israelis ignite
Hitler's shade begins to roll
And I am biting my nails

When America talks tough
Nations listen, Aussies say
'All the way with LBJ'
Where will that take us now?
Tied to the typhoon's tail

'World war Three' said Einstein, allegedly
'will be fought with nuclear weapons,
Four, with sticks and stones'
Bush is talking tough to evil-doers
And I'm laying in a store of rocks

'There's an axis of evil' says George
'That's got Americans in its sights
Pre-emptive strikes, that's the way
Hit 'em first, hit 'em hard'
And we're all going bush with George

The President says, 'Touch us who dares!'
And I'm amassing an armoury of pebbles
I'm whittling sticks and breaking up boulders
America's talking tough
And I'm getting ready

Cos when America talks tough
Generals gather together their huddled masses
Admirals accrue their crews and cruise
Flyboys flash by, armed and deadly
Whilst neutral nations watch and wait

And gather together their sticks and stones

1 comment:

Nova said...

Salient point.
Wish they'd get the message.